Sunday, May 10, 2009

mother's day

i must say that today has been the most wonderful mother's day in my memory. sadie dropped enough hints on friday that i went out and bought a waffle iron, but other than that, i had no expectations. there was really no one to expect anything from! guthrie and sadie have not done anything for mother's day since they stopped doing art projects after elementary school. but today was different. sadie made me a lovely breakfast of waffles, espresso, and ambrosia. she even accompanied me on my morning doggy hike and helped me cut down the trash tree on the driveway. (she dragged the bits off for a fort down by the stream.)guthrie rallied to make dinner for us all, and succeeded incredibly with a coconut curry with shallots, fingerling potatoes, and green peppers. it was so tasty. they even cleaned up the kitchen while i took june to the (very cute) vet to get stitches. i am so proud of them. they are growing up so fast and so beautifully. i feel honored and touched that they slowed down enough to share the day with me. i am vastly blessed.
lovepeace
heather

No comments: