Tuesday, May 19, 2009

mehitabel found

i had the distinct pleasure of running into an old friend this morning while walking ms. benny. there, in the hostas, was my dear old girl mehitabel, looking as sleek and ebony as ever she did. i have thought of her often since her departure in the fall. a neighborhood boy approached me in late summer to tell me that she had moved in with them so i did not worry for her, but i have missed her. she is an affectionate creature with a quirky and intelligent demeanor. i was glad to only have benny with me this morning, as she is not as... enthusiastic... about greeting fellow travelers as is her sister june. mehitabel and i had a few minutes to catch up before i had to walk on. i left her sitting on an oak stump in the sun, following me away with her peculiar yellow eyes. she is well and sassy, and i hope to see her again.
h.

No comments: