Wednesday, November 12, 2008

justincase

sometimes i do the dumbest things. and sometimes i do them without even knowing i do them. the blog, for instance. there is no knowing what i will write about. it is seldom the most important thing in my life, or even in my day. it is just whatever strikes. kind of like a notebook for writing down random things that might make good titles for novels some day. and sometimes i whine about things that i don't even realize i am whining about. things that i like. enjoy. love. why? i don't know. so let me put in words a few of the most important things that have happened in the last month.
1. my mommy came up for a visit. she surprised sadie for her birthday. it was a rare delight to have her here. i tried to be sneaky about not posting that she was coming and then didn't post that she had been. that was a stupid oversight. it was a busy time, but those few days with mom were ambrosia for my embattled soul. and sadie enjoyed it, too! (so did guber, though he was relatively invisible.) my mom really is the very best. i was so so so so glad she came and made an oasis in my craziness.
2. michael broke up with me. it did not feel good. i respect his decision, and we are still close. i don't really want to talk about it.
3. clayspace co-op, where i make my ceramic work, was on the cover of the mountain express last week. it was a big deal and very very cool. the article brought lots of people to the river district's studio stroll. we were momentarily famous. okay, so some of us are already famous, but not me. so i had a few days of people recognizing me from the front of the paper. that was fun. joe sam queen, our illustrious state senator (just reelected), bought the teapot that was featured in the article. i suppose now i am a member of the permanent collection. neat!

there is far more that i have not written down, like the fact that (due to naked trees) i can now see from my bedroom the civil war graveyard up the hill from my house. and that matt gave me a sweet felted hat that keeps my ears very warm. and that my winter project is to learn entrelac knitting. so many things that i skip right over in favor of catchy bumper stickers and pictures of laundry. but they are in my mind. and in my heart. trust me.
lovepeace
heather

No comments: