Sunday, August 24, 2008

flourpower





after several years of considering it, i finally bought a grain mill attachment for my kitchenaid. it is on its maiden voyage, grinding 6 cups of hard red winter wheat for my favorite oatmeal bread. my hopes are high, but my expectations are low. remembering years of doorstop loaves as i learned to bake edible bread, i figure that there is a learning curve here, too.
and so there is... i have ordered a cookbook on whole grain artisan breads. but this bread rose well and tastes good and has a crumb much like that of my good old oatmeal bread. sadie can't stop eating it. that is a good sign.
excelsior!
lovepeace
heather
ps. and it really isn't as dumpy as it looks. i forgot that my loaf pans take a pound and a half loaf. i should have tripled the recipe. (oops.still yummy.)

No comments: