Wednesday, January 13, 2010

day two

dream in yellow

saturday's snow has been cancelled
due to lack of interest
much like north georgia
and the dentist's waiting room
all things that we have gone too far
to retreat, but cannot bear
to continue
but do
instead it will rain
turn ice to mud
raise our hopes
stir deep the waiting buds
of spring
hidden beneath our sweaters
and wring a prayer
whispered before thought
...forsythia!

ht. 1/13/10



lest i should offend, let me explain classing north georgia with dentist waiting rooms. though i do think that it is a lovely part of the world, it has the misfortune (to me) of falling almost entirely in the middle of my drive to st. petersburg and back. after traversing the ENTIRETY of south carolina, poor north georgia could be gold-plated and not attract my interest. generally by the time we have reached the salt flats of south georgia, however, my spirits have revived, and the conversation turns to boiled peanuts and passing payne's prairie. counting down the last few miles to my natal shores takes on the hilarity of guy lombardo getting ready to drop the ball. so, my apologies.
side note: though it is forecast to be 55 tomorrow, it is 17 degrees now, and my tea cools before i can drink it.

No comments: